Article by: Pete Nema
I wish I had the time and foresight to put this article together a week ago, but now that NXNE is actually here, I can procrastinate no further. Here is some stuff I recommend.
Before anything else, get yourself setup on the NXNE Schedulizer or download the great NXNE app for iPhone or Android. Both tools are surprisingly good and have been amazingly fast and helpful while attempting to plan my strategy for NXNE.
If I had more time, I would list all sorts of great things to do and see during NXNE 2013 along with detailed explanations and links and wonderful handmade drawings and unicorns, but I'm running so incredibly late; so for better or worse (okay, worse) here is a random list of stuff in (unfortunately) no order for which I hope you will just trust me. If any of these fit into your schedule, I don't think you'll be unhappy with any of them. And if you are, our complaints department is waiting to take your call.
- Friday, June 14th at The Mod Club, 10:00pm
little foot long foot
- Thursday, June 1th, Hard Luck Bar, 10:00pm
Pledgendary Summer Rager
- Friday June 14th, Lot AB 1653 Sundas St. West, 1:00pm - 7:00pm
- Performances by: The Elwins, The Revival, Cai.ro, a Special Guest, and more
- Drinks, fun, great people, hopefully good weather
- Get on the list with a #PLEDGENDARY tweet
- Guests must be 19+ to attend (hint, hint)
The Roseville Band
This Welsh band was here last year, and in the meantime they've written and produced an album based on their NXNE experience. How cool is that? On top of that they are really quite good. Lots of opportunity to see them, so no excuses... see them while they are here.
- Friday June 14, Sidedoor, 11:00pm
- Friday June 14, Rancho Relaxo, 2:00am
- Saturday June 15, Dakota Tavern, 10:00pm
Their new album is amazing, I kind of suspect their performance will be too.
- Friday June 14, The Mod Club, 8:00pm
Another band with a great new album.
- Thursday June 13, Supermarket, 12:00am
White Cowbell Oklahoma
I shouldn't have to tell you, but here I am doing just that. Mayhem, chainsaws, dirty southern style Rock 'n' Roll, general insanity, and lots of fun.
- Thursday June 13, Lee's Palace, 12:00am
Wintersleep / Dinosaur Bones / Paper Lions
You already know you should see Wintersleep, but if your headed to this show be absolutely sure to get there for both openers. Paper Lions are fantasic, and Dinosaur Bones are, welll you already know and love them, right?
- Saturday June 15, Danforth Music Hall, Show starts at 9:00pm
Formerly Topanga, I saw these guys for the first time last weekend. Awesome. They are playing an unofficial NXNE afterparty for the official NXNE Film "Authentic", a Young Rival documentary.
- Great line-up including: Young Rival, Wildlife, Jane's Party, PUP, Quiet Company, and a Special Guest.
- Thrusday June 13, Grossman's Tavern, Doors at 9:00pm
Other Good Stuff (Becuase I'm Running Out Of Time)
Look these up yourself, and go, go see them. Trust me, I'm a doctor.
- Boxer The Horse
- Loon Choir
- The Ascot Royals
- The Beaches
- PKEW PKEW PKEW (gunshots)