Article by: Lucas Samuels
Yellowbirds is the latest project from Sam Cohen, formerly of Apollo Sunshine fame.
Cohen is best known for his work in the Boston-based psych-rock trio Apollo Sunshine. They released three full-length albums and received much praise from major taste-makers in the indie world throughout their career. Recently, Cohen moved to Brooklyn and began focusing on his solo career. With this change came a new name, as well as a new critically acclaimed album titled The Color. The album is lush and dreamy, full of psychedelic rock and just enough pop flair to keep the tunes stirring in your head. Sam was kind enough to provide us with this first artist mixtape, and for that we can't thank him enough.
- Neil Young – "Transformer Man"
- Dorothy Ashby – "Joyful Grass and Grape"
- Rodriguez – "Sugar Man"
- Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou – "Mi Ni Non Kmo"
- Love – "Alone Again Or"
- Otis Redding – "I've Been Loving You Too Long"
- Leonard Cohen – "Suzanne"
- Moondog – "Bird's Lament"